Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Filming Day 3?

HELLO

SO Monday I started and sorta finished everything I needed to film in regards to the reading scenes.. which kinda means I'm done with filming!!! All I need now is to edit and figure out if I have anything that I forgot or anything that I want to reshoot. I'm going to post some of the pictures and things I did with mise-en-scene to make it seem like an actual card reading!!
   The first thing we used was this table, I thought that with some fabric draped over it and some candles laid on each side it would be a perfect table to try and use compositionally in shots and to do the reading on as a whole. Another cool thing we did with the table was add some old little vines and cut up yellow flowers around the table to represent Eva and who she used to be. 

   We ended up putting a bed sheet over the table where the reading would take place, and then using all the other fabrics to hang over the walls.
   I would also now like to talk about lighting and how Carlos Ramirez is not only one of the greatest people I've ever met but he is also a lighting GOD. I was struggling a lot with lighting because on my camera every shot would look way too dark and I was getting so stressed out and couldn't find a way to figure it all out. I then asked him if he could come on down to my house and help me figure out how to move the lights around and add and take away lights to make it look good on camera. Carlos also let me borrow his camera to film because since my camera is a DSLR, it doesn't work very well in dark lighting. I tried everything to make my camera work, I played around with the aperture and my settings and nothing was working, even when the lighting was all figured out and the same thing had happened last year with my previous project. Here are some behind the scenes pictures from the shoot!
Peep Carlos being amazing and
perfecting the lighting!!
   I'm really happy with the way everything came out!! Although I'm probably going to have to reshoot some stuff, I'm really happy with what I have and am super excited to edit it. I'm going to be going on my trip soon so I'm glad I was able to finish what I wanted to do and if I need more then at least I know where to start!
      Until next time,
         Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

CCR Link:  https://youtu.be/ViiSNX3acZM