Friday, March 9, 2018

Reading Research and Stress

HELLO

   Okay so as promised, I did more research on how exactly to do a card reading and although I'm not  entirely sure how it all works, I have a pretty good idea on how the cards are pulled. In the video "Beginner Tarot card reading lessons made easy: learning the basics part 1" I saw how the reader gets the energy of the client into the cards with how the cards are shuffled and then chosen. I want my entire opening to be a variety of shots showing the act of shuffling and organizing these cards. While this is happening I want the opening credits to be playing ending with a shot of eyes looking up from the cards and then the title of the film. I wanted to do Opening credits as opposed to ending credits in my short film because since the early 80s, opening credits just identify the major actors and crew, while the closing credits list an extensive cast and production crew which in this case I don't really have. 
   In other news, I have a yellow journal that I carry with me everyday in which any time I hear or see something that creates a spark of something new I write it down. Here are a couple of pages from my journal of research an ideas I've gotten for my short film. (please excuse dumb little notes of me writing to myself)












   As shown I have done a good amount of research on the cards I want to use and how I want my story to go. I also watched a video on visual story telling so that I wouldn't have to shove the reading down the views throat and could just show them it. After meeting in groups today to help each other figure out whats going on in our short films, I really wish I felt better about my film but I'm actually really stressed out. I like the feedback obviously because it helped me think of things  I hadn't thought of in the past, but now that I know everything I don't have and what I have to do I feel really stressed, frustrated, and behind on what I waned to do. At this point I'm just hoping it somehow all works out.
     Until next time,
        Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

CCR Link:  https://youtu.be/ViiSNX3acZM