Sunday, April 8, 2018

Editing

OKAY SO

Now that my whole memory thing was figured out and I was able to get feedback in critique groups, I started editing and so far so good. I like the way the lighting of the card reading scenes contrasts with memories scenes. I'm so happy with what I've done and if I'm being honest I'm pretty proud of myself. I worked really hard on this and although I'm pretty nervous for people to see it, I kind of really want them to so I can get feedback on what I can do better. My biggest struggle right now is the fact that some memories are a lot lighter than others and I really want them to be equally as bright.
This memory of the two characters meeting
is beautiful and extremely bright which I love.
On the other hand, this shot is darker and although still vibrant
in color,I feel like it's not enough and clearly not the same. 










I found this setting at the top that allows me to brighten the clip and emphasize the colors but I feel like it makes the shot lose quality:

 

before 
after

I'm not really sure if that's just me imagining it so I'm just going to keep it. Towards the end, when the realization part of the film is coming to play I'm going to make the bright memories a little bit darker because they are being tainted with the realization that it wasn't love anymore. I'm still in the process of editing and if I don't finish by tonight I'm going to finish tomorrow. I really need to figure out the music I want to use as well because I don't want it to be cheesy but I'm having a hard time finding something that I feel fits with the tone and the story I'm trying to tell. After meeting in groups Friday I asked if they knew any good sites and Alexa recommended one I didn't know about which was incompetech.com. Once I finish ordering all my shots and move on to audio I'm going to look in to the website and see if I can find what I'm looking for. Hopefully I can!
   Until next time 
      Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

CCR Link:  https://youtu.be/ViiSNX3acZM